What is a garden window?
A garden window projects out from the wall of the house. It has four window units. The two ventilating side units are trapezoidal casement units that open outwards with a crank. The center unit and the roof are picture windows.
The insulated glazed roof is designed to to be weather tight and leak proof. It’s called a garden window because it provides an ideal environment for growing plants indoors.
It’s the next best thing to adding a small conservatory to your house; and much easier on your budget. Our garden window replacement and installation services in Topeka will deliver a beautiful new green space that will give you many years of trouble-free service.
What is a good location for a garden window?
Above the sink in the kitchen is the most popular choice to locate a garden window. Since they’re custom made you can replace an existing window without making costly and time consuming structural changes.
Contact our expert window installers if you’re in need of window replacement and installation services in the Topeka area.
Garden Window Features:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl window frames
- Heavy duty solid wood buck frame securely supports entire garden unit
- Double insulated triple sealed glass roof
- Spacious 16 1/2 inch projection beyond exterior wall surface
- Inside wood is 1 1/4 inch hardwood plywood with birch veneer stainable finish
- Sashes opens a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning and to meet egress code requirements
- Heavy duty crank and hinge operating hardware on trapezoidal operating casement windows
- Multi-point locking system with easy single lever operation
- Warm edge spacer system
- Exterior is completely maintenance free
- Meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon